Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cabin blessed


I don't know whether to call this cabin fever or a cabin blessing. Last week Jude was sick all week and we didn't go anywhere. We took several baths a day trying to break his persistant fever. I started to think about it today, and it is really such a blessing to stay home. I don't know why but I feel so much stress just getting Jude ready to go anywhere. It usually involves multiple trips to the car, a diaper change, a check for clean diapers in the diaper bag...I have to think about food and drinks and the time we will be away. Then there is the actual getting into the car and convincing Jude that I will turn the music on for him. Right now he is digging this CD of beautiful hymns. He just loves that CD.



I remember in the days after Bennett died, I walked around our property. Not that our property is that big, but it has little pockets of variation. I remember thinking that I just wanted to stay home and take of my little piece of the world. I'm kind of feeling that way again. There is something to be said for slowing down a bit and taking care of little things or little people.



I love this quote from Mother Theresa..."We can do no great things...only small things with great love." These are words of truth.

No comments: