Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Always darkest before the dawn

My friend Jasmine told me that her mother always said “it’s always darkest before the dawn”. Of course when she told me this, I always wondered is this the darkest or could things really get worse than they were. They could.

The Tuesday before New Year’s Day I arranged to borrow my brother-in-laws car to drive up to Williamsport for an appointment. I also had to arrange for Judy to watch Jude. I had to leave the house before 9:00 which was a challenge because of all my issues. As I was getting closer to Williamsport, I thought to myself “I never checked my appointment card to make sure that the appointment was at 10:00.” So while I was driving I searched through my wallet to find the card. I pulled it out and it said 1:00pm. Oh @#%!^@! I called the office quick to see if they possibly had an earlier opening and sort of resigned myself to spending the morning in Williamsport. The office manager said, “well, not only do you have the wrong time but you have the wrong day. We moved all the appointments to Wednesday on account of New Year’s Day.”

I’m not sure why now, but that set me over the edge. I was a wreck, completely miserable. How could I go from being a very responsible, together person to the wacko that I had become? I said, “Okay God, I’m done. Take me home.” Fortunately, God didn’t take me seriously.

That day the results of our hair analysis tests came back. Jude had high levels of arsenic, lead, and cadmium. My minerals were extremely deficient indicating mercury poisoning. I had my appointment the next day, and because it was Wednesday I actually got to see Dr. Powers.

He didn’t seem concerned with Jude’s results. He said since the metals are showing up in his hair, his body was producing glutathione, the body’s own chelating agent. In the course of our <10 minute conversation, he told me that I should have my skin biopsied at least 4 times. He said it could be cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Well, that got my attention, and I decided my policy of avoiding conventional medicine needed to be revised.

You can read what happened the next day here .

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

I should be to the moon by now....

No comments: