Thursday, January 8, 2009

Intention and Faith

I've been focusing more and more on intention and faith lately as my health has seemed to return rapidly to its former state. One of the things that I have been really committed to do is to exercise more regularly. I am running again. Today, I really wanted to run because I hadn't since Sunday. I was driving home from playgroup thinking that maybe if John was having lunch, I could sneak out for a quick run. And then I felt that God would just make that happen. And low and behold even though it was almost 2:00pm, John was just finishing up lunch. I asked him if he could extend his break a little more and dashed out the door. Needless to say, I was full of praise.

But it made me think....what if it wouldn't have worked out. Was that because I didn't have the faith that it would? Or, is that because something else needed to happen for my highest good? I think I will be forever mulling these questions through my head.

"Faith is not contrary to the usual ideas, something that turns out to be right or wrong, like a gambler's bet: it's an act, an intention, a project, something that makes you, in leaping into the future, go so far, far, far ahead that you shoot clean out of time and right into Eternity, which is not the end of time or a whole lot of time or unending time, but timelessness, the old Eternal Now"-Joanna Russ

No comments: