Sunday, February 8, 2009

The fog lifted, temperatures are rising, and the ice is flowing….


Tuesday morning, I drove into Lewisburg for Qigong. I was still brewing over all the job stuff. I called my mom and spent most of the 30 minute drive in talking about how uncertain I was about going back to work right now. It was incredibly foggy which was the perfect metaphor for my mental and emotional state. I arrived at Qigong. And after an hour of meditation, slow movements to disperse stagnant Qi, and acquire and redistribute new Qi the fog had lifted. We looked out the window and you could see the Bucknell practice field and route 15 again. And I suddenly had no feeling one way or the other about working again. I surrendered it all.

Well…I have more to write about that, but I’ll leave it at that for now because the rest of the week was chaos. I had the job interview on Thursday. Jude has pneumonia and infections in both ears. With a fever that has been difficult to get down, he has been lying on the couch for four days. The plus side of this is that he has said “Mommy, I love you” about 10,000 times. I am so blessed to have such a sweetie. And, I have a sinus infection with a fever as well.

The temperature is rising outside too. The water is rising as the ice is flowing slowly by our house. Thankfully, it’s not raining.
Blessings~

“Feed a cold, starve a fever” –wise American proverb (not much of an appetite here anyway)

No comments: