Monday, March 16, 2009

we're doing it again!

Even though by calendar spring does not officially start for another week, I think I witnessed the first contractions of spring yesterday. I was spending a lazy day nursing a chocolate induced headache by relaxing outside by the creek and soaking in the glorious sun. Everywhere I looked there were signs that spring was definitely on the way. Small flies were stretching their wings along the creek bank. They looked like tiny snowflakes only they were moving in the wrong direction.

When I finally got recharged enough to move…I ventured out to garden to discover these…

Earlier these crocuses were enticing honey bees

And these…


Baby bee balm

What you can't see in this picture is the lovely sounds of water rushing over rocks and birds singing their sunny song...

My favorite view of the creek 

I feel like the whole world is saying, “We’re doing it again!” which is very close to the way a friend of mine recently announced her pregnancy. It feels like nature is pregnant right now and just about ready to burst. We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival!

No comments: