Sunday, April 12, 2009

happy easter

Today was absolutely gorgeous as Easter should be.  

We had a lot of fun dying eggs last night... 

And at the last minute I decided to make Jude an Easter basket from a fulled sweater.  It turned out very floppy, but Jude didn't seem to mind and it did the job.  I think I would have used interfacing next time on both the wool and the lining fabric which was very thin.  The handle took forever because I tried to turn it, ended up tearing some holes in it when my patience ran out and I resorted to tweezers.  I patched the holes by needle felting a small piece of the sweater onto the openings.  

This morning before church we searched for the eggs the Easter bunny hid at Mimi's house.  Jude thoroughly enjoyed this activity.  When he found one he would turn around and hold it up for us to see.  Then he would place each one gently into his floppy basket.  
Hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did!

"Let every man and woman count himself immortal.  Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection.  Let him say not merely, 'Christ is risen,' but 'I shall rise.'"  ~Phillips Brooks


No comments: