Tuesday, May 12, 2009

what's bloomin'

This is absolutely my favorite time of year.  I love the cool air in the mornings, the warmth of the afternoons, the flowers blooming everywhere, and the birdsong!  It makes me so filled with gratitude.  I wish I could bottle this up for times when I am...well, less grateful.  I went around trying to capture the beauty of our little corner in jpegs, but I didn't even come close.  This is what's blooming anyway....

perrenial forget-me-not with its pretty heartshaped leaves

foreground pink honeysuckle bush background favorite spot in the garden

purple lilac

wild pink columbine with spirea 
(wedding veil bush) in the background

The spring and summer before Jude was born I found a feather every day.  One exceptional day I found 14 feathers.  This year must be the year of nests.  I keep finding them.  Unfortunately, I found this one while weeding, and I didn't know where exactly it came from.   It just ended up in a garden path when I took an armful of weeds to the wheel barrow.  Look at the lovely little speckled eggs.  I tried to place it back where I thought it might have come from, but I sneaked out early this morning and there was no mama sitting on the nest.  I'm not so happy about that.


"It's spring fever....you don't know quite what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" -Mark Twain

No comments: