Thursday, July 30, 2009

a sweet story and song


The other day my sweet boy looked me right in the eyes and said, "You are the mommy I wanted." Then he said it again on a different occasion. And there was not a bit of manipulation involved...he was just very appreciative of some small gesture I had made. I can't even remember what it was. I'm writing this here so I can come back and read it when he is ten, or sixteen, or twenty-eight and he is less forthcoming with his affection.

And another sweet thing is a little ditty that he made up (I think...I can't find a source for it). He says, "Let me sing you a song about froggies." Froggies is really x. He substitutes all sorts of things in for x. Here is how it goes....Froggie, froggie happy all day. Froggie, froggie happy all day...." I want to get that on video. If I do, I'll be sure to share it.

No comments: